+ o - ^
previous next
Index

Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847

More Details Cite This Item

Library division & collection with this item:

This Item

Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded  A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847

View this item elsewhere:

Title
Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847
Names
Eno, Amos F., 1836-1915 (Collector)
Smith, Joseph B. (1798-1876) (Lithographer)
W. Endicott & Co. (Publisher)
Collection

The Eno collection of New York City views

Dates / Origin
Date Issued: 1844
Library locations
The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection
Shelf locator: MEZN Eno
Shelf locator: MEZN++ Eno 32
Topics
churches -- New York (State) -- New York -- 1700-1799
First Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.)
Genres
Lithographs -- Color
Notes
Citation/reference: Eno 32++
Statement of responsibility: inscribed by Joseph B. Smith ; lith. of Endicott, 22 John St. N. York ; Entered . . .1844 by Joseph B. Smith.
Physical Description
Extent: 1 print ; lithograph, color ; 57 x 76.5 cm.
Type of Resource
Still image
Identifiers
Universal Unique Identifier (UUID): 34af1630-c5f0-012f-d60d-58d385a7bc34
Rights Statement
We believe that this item has no known US copyright restrictions. The item may be subject to rights of privacy, rights of publicity and other restrictions. Though not required, if you want to credit us as the source, please use the following statement, "From The New York Public Library," and provide a link back to the item on our Digital Collections site. Doing so helps us track how our collection is used and helps justify freely releasing even more content in the future.

Item timeline of events

  • 1836: Creator Born
  • 1844: Issued
  • 1915: Creator Died
  • 2015: Digitized
  • 2016: Found by you!
  • 2017

MLA Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection, The New York Public Library. "Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847" The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1844. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7

Chicago/Turabian Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection, The New York Public Library. "Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847" New York Public Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 27, 2016. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7

APA Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection, The New York Public Library. (1844). Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847 Retrieved from http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7

Wikipedia Citation

<ref name=NYPL>{{cite web | url=http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7 | title= (still image) Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847, (1844) }} |author=Digital Collections, The New York Public Library |accessdate=September 27, 2016 |publisher=The New York Public Library, Astor, Lennox, and Tilden Foundation}}</ref>

Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded  A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847