+ o - ^
previous next

Old house built in 1683 and inhabited by Marguerite Bourgeoys, foundress of the Congregations of Notre Dame opposite St. Paul's Island, [] still inhabited by sick and fatigued sisters. This house is still called 'La Ferme'. Only left half was built in 1683 was built in 1700.

More Details Cite This Item

93672

View this item elsewhere:

Title
Old house built in 1683 and inhabited by Marguerite Bourgeoys, foundress of the Congregations of Notre Dame opposite St. Paul's Island, [] still inhabited by sick and fatigued sisters. This house is still called 'La Ferme'. Only left half was built in 1683 was built in 1700.
Collection

"The Pageant of America" Collection

v.1 - Adventurers in the wilderness

(Unpublished photographs)

Canada

Dates / Origin
Date Issued: 1860 - 1920 (Approximate)
Library locations
The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Photography Collection
Topics
Bourgeoys, Marguerite, Saint, 1620-1700 -- Homes and haunts
Historic buildings -- Québec (Province) -- Montréal
Genres
Photographs
Notes
Content: [This photograph was found in vol. 1 published photos folder, but since it was not published it has been moved into this folder]
Physical Description
Extent: 13 x 18 cm.
Type of Resource
Still image
Identifiers
Universal Unique Identifier (UUID): 36f988d0-c611-012f-8163-58d385a7bc34
Rights Statement
The copyright and related rights status of this item has been reviewed by The New York Public Library, but we were unable to make a conclusive determination as to the copyright status of the item. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.

Item timeline of events

  • 1860: Issued (Approximate)
  • 2015: Digitized
  • 2019: Found by you!
  • 2020

MLA Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Photography Collection, The New York Public Library. "Old house built in 1683 and inhabited by Marguerite Bourgeoys, foundress of the Congregations of Notre Dame opposite St. Paul's Island, [] still inhabited by sick and fatigued sisters. This house is still called 'La Ferme'. Only left half was built in 1683 was built in 1700." The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1860 - 1920. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47d9-ad4f-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

Chicago/Turabian Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Photography Collection, The New York Public Library. "Old house built in 1683 and inhabited by Marguerite Bourgeoys, foundress of the Congregations of Notre Dame opposite St. Paul's Island, [] still inhabited by sick and fatigued sisters. This house is still called 'La Ferme'. Only left half was built in 1683 was built in 1700." New York Public Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 22, 2019. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47d9-ad4f-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

APA Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Photography Collection, The New York Public Library. (1860 - 1920). Old house built in 1683 and inhabited by Marguerite Bourgeoys, foundress of the Congregations of Notre Dame opposite St. Paul's Island, [] still inhabited by sick and fatigued sisters. This house is still called 'La Ferme'. Only left half was built in 1683 was built in 1700. Retrieved from http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47d9-ad4f-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

Wikipedia Citation

<ref name=NYPL>{{cite web | url=http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47d9-ad4f-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99 | title= (still image) Old house built in 1683 and inhabited by Marguerite Bourgeoys, foundress of the Congregations of Notre Dame opposite St. Paul's Island, [] still inhabited by sick and fatigued sisters. This house is still called 'La Ferme'. Only left half was built in 1683 was built in 1700., (1860 - 1920) }} |author=Digital Collections, The New York Public Library |accessdate=September 22, 2019 |publisher=The New York Public Library, Astor, Lennox, and Tilden Foundation}}</ref>

Old house built in 1683 and inhabited by Marguerite Bourgeoys, foundress of the Congregations of Notre Dame opposite St. Paul's Island, [] still inhabited by sick and fatigued sisters. This house is still called 'La Ferme'. Only left  half was built in 1683 was built in 1700.