+ o - ^
previous next

Looking towards Manhattanville. Depicting West 125th Street in background, with St. James Roman Catholic Church on left and steeple of Manhattanville Presbyterian Church visible behind it, Harlem, New York City, ca. 1870.

More Details Cite This Item

View this item elsewhere:

Title
Looking towards Manhattanville. Depicting West 125th Street in background, with St. James Roman Catholic Church on left and steeple of Manhattanville Presbyterian Church visible behind it, Harlem, New York City, ca. 1870.
Collection

Street Scenes

Harlem and Upper Manhattan, 1800s

Dates / Origin
Date Created: 1870 (Approximate)
Library locations
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Photographs and Prints Division
Shelf locator: Sc Photo Street Scenes
Shelf locator: Sc Photo Street Scenes, Box 1
Topics
Buildings -- New York (N.Y.)
Harlem (New York, N.Y.)
churches -- New York (N.Y.)
Genres
Photographs
Physical Description
Extent: 18 x 25 cm.
Type of Resource
Still image
Identifiers
RLIN/OCLC: NYPG03-F26
NYPL catalog ID (B-number): b15580587
Copy negative number: SC-CN-83-0071
Universal Unique Identifier (UUID): 9d16b310-c6e8-012f-940e-3c075448cc4b
Rights Statement
The New York Public Library believes that this item is in the public domain under the laws of the United States, but did not make a determination as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. This item may not be in the public domain under the laws of other countries. Though not required, if you want to credit us as the source, please use the following statement, "From The New York Public Library," and provide a link back to the item on our Digital Collections site. Doing so helps us track how our collection is used and helps justify freely releasing even more content in the future.

Item timeline of events

  • 1870: Created
  • 2017: Digitized
  • 2019: Found by you!
  • 2020

MLA Format

Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Photographs and Prints Division, The New York Public Library. "Looking towards Manhattanville. Depicting West 125th Street in background, with St. James Roman Catholic Church on left and steeple of Manhattanville Presbyterian Church visible behind it, Harlem, New York City, ca. 1870." The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1870. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/bcdf3fbe-a5a6-88d6-e040-e00a1806445a

Chicago/Turabian Format

Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Photographs and Prints Division, The New York Public Library. "Looking towards Manhattanville. Depicting West 125th Street in background, with St. James Roman Catholic Church on left and steeple of Manhattanville Presbyterian Church visible behind it, Harlem, New York City, ca. 1870." New York Public Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 23, 2019. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/bcdf3fbe-a5a6-88d6-e040-e00a1806445a

APA Format

Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Photographs and Prints Division, The New York Public Library. (1870). Looking towards Manhattanville. Depicting West 125th Street in background, with St. James Roman Catholic Church on left and steeple of Manhattanville Presbyterian Church visible behind it, Harlem, New York City, ca. 1870. Retrieved from http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/bcdf3fbe-a5a6-88d6-e040-e00a1806445a

Wikipedia Citation

<ref name=NYPL>{{cite web | url=http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/bcdf3fbe-a5a6-88d6-e040-e00a1806445a | title= (still image) Looking towards Manhattanville. Depicting West 125th Street in background, with St. James Roman Catholic Church on left and steeple of Manhattanville Presbyterian Church visible behind it, Harlem, New York City, ca. 1870., (1870) }} |author=Digital Collections, The New York Public Library |accessdate=October 23, 2019 |publisher=The New York Public Library, Astor, Lennox, and Tilden Foundation}}</ref>

Looking towards Manhattanville. Depicting West 125th Street in background, with St. James Roman Catholic Church on left and steeple of Manhattanville Presbyterian Church visible behind it, Harlem, New York City, ca. 1870.