Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873

More Details Cite This Item

View this item elsewhere:

Names
Graham, Charles Kinnard (1824-1889) (Engineer)
Keiller, David T. (Compiler)
New York (N.Y.). Dept. of Docks. (Publisher)
Mechan, J. (Engineer)
Collection

Maps of New York City and State

New York City

Whole

Dates / Origin
Date Created: 1873
Place Term: [New York]
Publisher: Commissioners [of Docks]
Library locations
Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division
Shelf locator: Map Div. 08-1558
Topics
Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York
Piers -- New York (State) -- New York
Real property -- New York (State) -- New York
Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Historical geography -- Maps --
Harbors -- New York (State) -- New York
Fills (Earthwork) -- New York (State) -- New York
Submerged lands -- New York (State) -- New York
Parks -- New York (State) -- New York
Genres
Maps
Notes
Content : Harbor cadastral map. Covers Manhattan, New York (N.Y.) south of 51st Street. Shows piers, property and lot lines of water grants, lot numbers or owners' names. Gives dates of grants. Gives some dimensions. Also shows internal features of inland parks and squares.

Statement of Responsibility: Made under the direction of the Department of Docks ; carefully compiled and reduced from the maps of the U.S. Coast Survey and actual surveys made by the Department of Docks ... also from maps and documents on file in the office of the Comptroller of the City and County of New York, by Chas. K. Graham engineer in chief, John Mechan assistant engineer, David T. Keiller compiler & draughtsman.
Physical Description
Extent: 1 map on 8 sheets : col. ; 214 x 147 cm., sheets 51 x 66 cm.
Type of Resource
Cartographic
Identifiers
NYPL catalog ID (B-number) : b17969683
RLIN/OCLC : 58759080
Barcode : 33433082700596
UUID: 76937dc0-c5aa-012f-00ed-58d385a7bc34

Item timeline of events

  • 1824: Creator Born
  • 1873: Created
  • 1889: Creator Died
  • 2013: Digitized
  • 2015: Found by you!
  • 2016

MLA Format

Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, The New York Public Library. "Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873" The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1873. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5fd48a6d-072a-65e7-e040-e00a18060adf

Chicago/Turabian Format

Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, The New York Public Library. "Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873" New York Public Library Digital Collections. Accessed April 18, 2015. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5fd48a6d-072a-65e7-e040-e00a18060adf

APA Format

Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, The New York Public Library. (1873). Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873 Retrieved from http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5fd48a6d-072a-65e7-e040-e00a18060adf

Wikipedia Citation

{{cite web | url=http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5fd48a6d-072a-65e7-e040-e00a18060adf | title= (cartographic) , (1873) }} |author=Digital Collections, The New York Public Library |accessdate=April 18, 2015 |publisher=The New York Public Library, Astor, Lennox, and Tilden Foundation}}

Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873